Sunday, August 06, 2006

She is learning new things

I decided to try my hand at doing a craft! What you ask? Painting a dog bone. I was out at Walmart the other night and saw they had wooden dog bones. I'm planning to paint one for my dad and put a picture of all the dogs "in the family" on it. That way he can have a picture of the "grand-dogs" as well as his "baby"! It may come out king of stupid, but it's the thought that counts. The bad thing is, when I got the bone I was just going to do one for myself, and got "KU" colors. To do one for my dad I have to get "K-State" purple...yuck!! Hopefully this will all be done by his birthday....we shall see!
As of Saturday it had been a week since my mom had her accident. The first couple days were pretty hard for her and my dad. She has had to give up almost all her freedom, something she has never experienced. She tried going to work one day this week, and that was a "wild" time. Her office is not ADA equiped, and she kept having to transfer from one chair to another. Not an easy task when she's not to put weight on either foot. She goes back to the doctor this week to see how things are healing. She's also hoping to go to work a little again this week. I did give her some advice since I have been there, done that, not to take it to fast. I realize her situation, but she has to get her legs healed correctly. To say the least this first week has been interesting.
My sister came this weekend and helped her out, which I think kind of took some pressure off my dad. My aunt and cousin are coming tonight for at least a couple days. That will be a lot of help! Things are starting to get kind of busy for me with Preston starting football practice and getting ready to start school. He's looking forward to the football, but not to school starting. I'm hoping that he will have a better year this year and be inspired to do better grade wise!

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Good luck with the bone painting. I'll admit when I first read that I was like, "Huh?" :-)

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have started leaving some blogs on my page. So check it out if ya want. Have fun painting :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home