Saturday, July 08, 2006

Baseball Rocks

The baseball game was awesome!! We got to sit in the second row right by the foul pole on the left field side. For those who don't like baseball, that's the side third base is on. Since I don't really follow the Royals, and knew very few of the players on the other team, it took awhile to get into the "swing" of things! Not long though, if you have never been to a Royals game I encourage you to go. There is so much to keep your attention even if you don't pay attention to the game. I have to say that the game was a lot of fun, and reminded me of when I was younger and would go almost every summer. We were so close to the field too. The closest I have ever been at a major league game. That was the most awesome part for me. Unfortunately, I don't think Preston got into it much. I think he had some fun, but the kid just does not share my love for baseball. He did seem to be in awe of Arrowhead Stadium which is right "next door" and is where the Chiefs play football. I'm am really hoping to get him to a game some day, but the tickets are not going to be cheap. As for the conclusion of the game, the Royals lost which was disappointing. All in all though, it was a great time, and a cool new experience for Preston. Maybe someday some of my love for the game will rub off on him! I can always hope anyway!!

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I'm so happy you had a good time! Don't worry about Preston -- every person is in to different things. Just figure out what he IS into and encourage that. He'll love you for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home