Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Scream II

I could start my own "movie" version of scream here in the last week. I had a really bad sleeping night the other night. Partly due to my own fault. I forgot to refill my Trazadone the helps me sleep. So, unfortunately, the next day, I paid the dear price of feeling like CRAP! Thankfully, last night resulted in a good nights rest and I did better today! I came home this morning and normally my dog Blazer is waiting at the front door for me. Well, when I came in the door I heard a noise in my room, so of course I go in there. What do I see upon entering? My dog has somehow gotten in my laundry basket, and the top has shut on him. I'm sure I had the top shut in the first place, so he IS more talented then I thought!! I finally got him out after about dying of laughter first! Thought I was going to have to call the cute ambulance driver I was laughing so hard! As far as the email, I decided not to respond, (1) because I think it will violate part of the court papers, and (2) because it's not worth my time! I actually laughed at it the second time of reading through it, although I was also calmed down a lot by that time. Once again, I will be so glad when all of this is behind me. I hope it won't be much longer, but who knows. I've talked to a lot of people who have said they have waited a year. Yuck!! In other news, Preston got in trouble at school again. On one hand, he has done VERY well in the last several months with not getting in trouble. However, the name he called a classmate got him 4 days of ISS! So, to make his day even better, he is grounded for the rest of the week. He was pretty mad at me last night, but hey! I'm not the one doing the name calling nor did I get in trouble. Today seemed to be a better day for him, although he did comment when I picked him up at school that his day was "boring". Maybe after this, he will learn not to call people names. It's so hard at that age, but he has to learn!! His paper route is going well so far. He seems to be kind of enjoying it, although I think it's more than what he thought it was going to be. He's doing a very good job so far though! I went to apply for a couple jobs today. That was a ton o fun! Actually, either job would be pretty interesting I think. I just hope I can find something by the time summer is over. I want to stay where I'm at for the summer, so I can be able to spend time with Preston. Between my dog and my son, I can't say I'm to bored at the moment!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Just remember that Preston is having a hard time, too. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but it may help explain it. Have you considered therapy for him or both of you?

I'm glad that you chose not to respond to the email. I think it can be very empowering to not let things like that bother you. It's easy to get into name-calling and accusations and "he said, she said." It takes a strong person to resist that and move on. You've definitely shown yourself to be the better person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home