Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Our family gets more news

Well, our family got some good news and bad news today. The good news is that my mom's legs are healing and she can begin to put weight on the leg where the bone was broken in the foot. She still has to be careful and she still has to wear the "boot", but she can use crutches and start taking some steps. She still cannot bend her knee, but it is also healing. We have been so lucky that she was not hurt worse, and that she will not need surgery. My aunt and cousin have been here from Joplin this week cooking food that my parents will just have to warm up when they want it. It has been so nice having them here!!
Our bad news came tonight from my mom's sister. She has been having some health problems and has been going to the doctor since our return from the family reuion. Unfortunately, today she found out that she has an aynerysum behind her eye. The doctor is going to do surgery on Thurs, and the prognosis is good. My mom took it really hard this evening, and my cousin and aunt who have been here were trying to deal with it. For me, I don't think it has totally sunk in. There have just been some overwhelming things going on in my family for the past couple months, that things tend to hit me at strange times. Not always a good thing! I know my mom would like to be there for my aunt's surgery, but with her current situation, she can't. My aunt does have her husband and daughter nearby, so that will be a big help. I just pray that my aunt will get through the surgery and recover quickly. The bad thing is she lives in Arizona, so we can't go see her like we would if she were in Kansas. I have to think that this is in God's hands and that he has a plan for all this. I just think enough is enough!!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

The thing you need to remember about your aunt, honey, is that they found the aneurysm before it burst. That is wonderful news!

Tell your mom I'm thinking of her, and also tell her I said to take it easy! ::grin::

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home