Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Cousins Rock

After two straight weeks of stressfulness, it was time to do something different. My mom had been planning to take me to Joplin to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousin the weekend of my birthday. With everything going on we almost canceled the trip, but than decided to go. We also invited my dad to go since we were worried about leaving him home alone so soon after two crazy weeks!
We got to Joplin around 10pm on Friday night. My cousin and her boyfriend had planned to take me out, so as soon as I got there, we left. They first took me to a club called the Green Room where I had my first Long Island Ice Tea. Not knowing what it was, I had NO idea what it was going to taste like. Let's just say about half-way through I was feeling it! (Of course this is coming from a person who drinks maybe every six months), After the Green Room, we went to a place called Murphy's. At this bar there was kareokee. My cousin's boyfriend tried to get me to sing, but even after drinking, I wouldn't go it on my own. I think by the end of the night, I had had more to drink that night then I had since my college days! That's been a while!!
The next night my aunt and uncle took everyone to a Japanese steak house for dinner. It had been so long since I had been to one. The food was so good!! I was so full by the end of dinner, but wanted to eat what I had left. After dinner we went to see the movie "The Incredibles". The movie was really cute and I even heard my dad laugh a couple times. Something that isn't always easy with a movie!
Unfortunately the weekend went way to fast and we had to come back to reality. The week didn't start off well either. As I was leaving the gas station on my way to work someone backed into me. My car now needs to be fixed, and my gas gauge is going crazy! Probably broken...
I had such a great birthday though and am thankful that I have such great cousins to spend special moments with. My cousin even gave me a picture of us that had been taken at my sister's wedding shower. As soon as I get my own desk at work I will have something cool to put on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home