Monday, September 20, 2004

Our First Anniversary

I can't believe it's been a year since I said "I Do"! to Rich!! It's been a crazy, learning year for both of us. When people told me that living together and being married to someone where two different things I didn't believe them. A year later...what a difference it makes!! Unfortunately Rich & I couldn't spend our first anniversary together because we both had to work. I was going to "growl" at his boss for making him working on our special day. However, we do have plans to spend the next day and a half together which will be fun.
For those of you that don't know this story, I have to share the day I walked down the isle. As my cousins opened the door for my dad and I walk down the isle, I saw this handsome young man standing waiting to greet me. He was of course VERY handsome, and looking VERY nervous!! My first thought when I first saw Rich?? Where's Rich!! Something inside of me wanted to stop the music and ask the question, but I guess I was trusting my dad at the time. When my dad gave me away however, I was unsure "who" I was standing next to. You see, in the time Rich & I had been together leading up to our wedding I had never seen him without his mustache....our wedding day EVERY FACIAL HAIR WAS GONE!!!!! I didn't recognize my own husband to be!!!...NOT A GOOD THING!
Well, I thankfully married the right man! This year has been fun, learning and growing together. Rich & I have done several fun things together and have continued to "get to know" what makes us....well us! We also have had our struggles! We have disagreed and clashed at times, but we always have worked things out in the end. I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what the day is going to bring except that at the end of the day I will be able to come home to Rich. Being married has been a fun and interesting journey. I love Rich very much and am proud every morning that I wake up that I am his wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home