Sunday, August 22, 2004

I can't believe that this month is almost over! Seems like just last week the sun was beating down and the pools were open for swimming! I always have mixed feelings during this time of year. On one hand I am still watching my favorite summer sport, baseball. I love watching wondering who is going to win their division and if the Braves are going to make it to the world series (and win) this year. On the other hand there is my favorite sport, bowling. YES...I do consider bowling a sport!! I love to bowl and have done so since I was 6! My dad taught me how to bowl and it has been something I love to do ever since!! I love the feeling of trying to do my best while being a part of a team and helping them to win. I even joined a travel league a couple years ago which has added to my enjoyment of the sport. This year may be the first year I have not bowled and it not be my choice except for the year I broke my leg and had to miss the last couple weeks.
Our bowling alley closed after the end of last season and has been up for sale since that time. I had hoped that someone would buy the bowling alley and those of us who enjoy it would not miss a beat. This unfortunately has not been the case. I saw one of my teammates this weekend who echoed my thoughts that by now we should be getting ready to start bowling. Hopefully someone will buy it soon so that the season will not be lost completely. Bowling is a lot of fun to do either by yourself or competing with friends on a team.
In the meantime baseball is still on TV and as long as it is on maybe I will be content. If not, maybe I will have Rich build a bowling alley in our house!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home