Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I have had writters block for about a week now. Pratt is not an overly exciting place to be, so there's not always a lot to talk about! I have been having foot paint ever since I can remember. I am SO thankful that God has allowed me the ability to walk, but some days I think it would just be better to "cut" my feet off. Ok, I know that's probably a little harsh, but I think you get the point. Because of the pain in my feet I have spent years trying different things & have had several sugeries. Recently, I had been reading about ankle joint replacements on the internet, something I know is done to some degree. I just didn't know to what degree & if the information I was reading was accurate. I went to a podiotrist today which gave me the opprotunity to meet Dr. #.....??? I don't know I lost count a long time ago. The reason for this visit was to investigate ankle joint replacement. Unfortunately according to this doctor, there are only a couple doctors that do ankle joint replacements in the U.S. & the procedures aren't real reliable at this point. Futhermore, he indicated that I probably would not be a good candidate because of all the surgeries that have been done on my feet. I indicated that while I was wanting information on ankle joint replacements, that I would not be overly excited about the possibilty of surgery again. All I wanted I told him was to walk with some comfort and to get rid of some of this stupid limp! We talked about several options & finally decided I would try a form of braces. Wearing braces again doesn't thrill me in the least, but it is a lot better then some things I could have to do. Besides, I am hoping that the new "get-up" will provide some comfort for a while anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home