Sunday, October 17, 2004

Blazer, Braves, and a Wedding

I took Blazer to the vet the other day AGAIN! He's been "Mr. Stinky" recently so I took him to have it checked out. Turns out Blaze has an ear infection. I now have to attempt to flush out his ears every other day. Plus, every day I am supposed to try and put drops in his ears. If you know Blazer very well, you know that this is no easy task! He gets very unhappy with me when I try to do either one. I finally took him to my mom's this afternoon to have her help me. Still not a good time, but it was easier getting him to hold still while she "snuck" up on him and did the "dirty work"! He isn't stinking as bad, so I would say we're getting somewhere, but it's so hard to tell since he's not to cooperative. To bad they couldn't just give him a shot at the vet!
Well, "my" Braves got beat the night after they won, so they are done until next spring. I don't know how a team who spends almost the whole year in first place and wins their division can get beatten out of the first round. They seems to manage though! Oh well, as the saying goes "there's always next year"! Now I'm just going for whoever beats the Yankees, because they will probably end up going to the World Series again! :( At least now I don't have such an excuse not to get my stuff done although I'm still watching the playoff and will watch the World Series.
Emily got married yeasterday. She looked beautiful and everything went well. She was pretty nervous, which I can relate to! I have to say though that "just" being a part of the bridal party is a pretty carefree role to play from being center stage. I got to visit with a lot of people too, which was nice. Now my parents have two son-in-laws which is kind of crazy. It has been kind of nice to see our family grow in last couple years and hopefully in the next year or so Rich and I will be able to be on our way to adopting.
I have to say that after the wedding I was SO tired!! I think I would have slept all day if I hadn't made myself get up. To bad I have to go to work tomorrow! It would be kind of nice just to have the whole week off but that's not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home