Saturday, October 30, 2004

What A Week!

It's been another interesting week. Baseball season is over until spring. What in the world will I ever do with myself until that time of year rolls around again? Probably the same thing I do ever year...count down the days. I am happy that the Red Sox won the World Series. I wasn't really sure "who" to root for this year, but after 86 years of not winning it was time for the Red Sox to win a World Series.
Last weekend I spent with some of my best friends at camp. There are no words to describe the weekend so I'm not going to even try. It was a great time, but so much more than that. It was such an awesome weekend and great to see everyone! I'm looking forward to the next time we can all get together again and spend time getting caught up on what's going on with each other.
This week did not slow down any! Rich and I had our walk-through for foster care on Wed morning. We now know what all we need to do to our house to be able to get liscensed. It's another step closer to us bringing children into our home and makes me very excited!! We should be able to get everything done quickly so that is encouraging. Wed evening, I went to the Pumkin Patch in Turon with some of our kids. That was one cool place! If you didn't get to go this year, make plans to do so next year because it was great!!
On Friday, I finally got my braces and you would not believe the change!!! I am walking straighter than I can ever remember in my whole life. They are going to take awhile to get used to as they are making me use muscles in my legs that I am not used to using.
Also after three weeks of being done, I went bowling Fri night. It was great to be back bowling with my friends. I did pretty good too. I had missed bowling, so it was nice to have a good night.
Today was a sad day. As some of you may know my dad has closed his glass business. After 12 years of owning his own business and 30 some years of being IN the business it is time for him to do something else. I know the decision to close has been a hard one on all of us, but I think that it will now allow my dad time to do things that he might really enjoy. I am super proud of my dad and love him more than I can say!
Hopefully, tomorrow will just be a nice long day to rest! The trick-o-treaters will be out which is always great fun to see them, especially the ones that you know well. Other than that, I don't think I will be doing much. The work week is going to be upon us again and I need a day just to veg and gather my thoughts from this emotion filled week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home