Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's getting to cold

Halloween is over, but Preston has SO much candy!! That kiddo came home with 2 bag fulls of candy!! He commented that night that he almost got a 2 liter of pop at someone's home while trick or treating. Good thing he didn't. At least he had a good time since this will probably be his last since he's going to be in high school next year. Good grief! Can't believe that!!
It's getting cold now at nights and I hate that! Hopefully, it won't get WAY cold for a while yet cause that's going to make a long season. It for sure makes it hard to get up and motivated in the morning!
In other news, not much has been happening. Been working a lot still. Still looking for other employment too, but it's hard. At least at work I'm doing more with the register than I am standing and stocking. Oh! I guess I am trying to learn to cross stitch! I went and got a kit and am having my friend (and doctor's mom) teach me how to cross stitch. She is very experienced at that as well as quilting and other things. She has really increased my interested the more we talk and the more she shows me what she has done. My first attempt last night at cross stitching was VERY hard!! It wasn't so much hard on my hands like my mom had thought, but my eyes. The area I needed to be in was so tiny to see. I think my friend is going to find some bigger material for me to learn on. Hopefully, once I get to learning, I can go to the "big girl stuff"! We shall see. It's going to be interesting to say the least, but I'm up to the challenge. I need a new hobby to learn, so why not that?

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Just remember on the Aida cloth count -- the higher the number, the smaller the squares. The number refers to the number of squares in an inch. You might want to stick to 14 count on white or cream until you get the hang of it.

Cross stitching is very easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home