Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas! Well, in 9 minutes it will be! Where does the time fly?? So far this Christmas has been a wonderful adventure! We spent tonight at my parents opening gifts with them, my sister and her husband, and our family. Preston has been so excited about opening gifts and has been asking me for the last three to four days when we are going to open gifts. I think he was kind of overwhelmed by the time he was done tonight, but seemed to enjoy everything so far. He has "warned" Rich and I tonight that we are getting up EARLY to open our gifts that he has at our home. Of course, I don't want him thinking that Christmas is all about gifts and getting things. I certainly want him to know about Christ's birth and the reason that we celebrate the season is to give to others. I also want him to know that Christmas is about showing love to one another and being kind. We went to church tonight so that he could experience his first communion with us and learn about the birth of Christ. He seemed to understand, and we will continue to reinforce the idea that it is "better to give than receive". This Christmas more than anything Rich and I are truely blessed to have Preston be a part of our family. What fun we are having with a child who is the most wonderful gift we could get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home