Thursday, October 20, 2005

Saturday is Preston's last football game. Tonight was their last football practice. I can't say I'm actually "glad" about it all being over, but it will be nice to have more time in the evening for other things. One of the things that we will be concentrating on more will be school grades. Tomorrow is the end of the first nine weeks. Way hard to believe that we have had Preston in our home for that amount of time! Seems just like he just moved in with us!! It's been fun to see how our lives have changed since he has come to live with us. There have been so many blessings with Preston living with us that I wouldn't have the time to list them all. Crazy how your life really does change when you bring a child into you home!
Unfortunately, this weekend isn't going to be that great. We are having a yard sale of all my grandma DeWeese's things this weekend. As I told me mom, I'm trying not to get to emotional about it, but it's hard. Not only are we having the sale at her house, but also my dad's sisters are going to be here this weekend and they are going to finish going through all my grandma Tharp's things. At least I will be getting pictures out of both deals, but both their anniverseries (of their death's) are coming up the next month to 6 months. Also, at least I will have Preston to keep me busy with things of his going on this weekend. Kind of helps with not having so much time to dwell on the saddness of missing them.
I do wish I could be with my friends at the camp retreat this weekend. I had REALLY wanted to do that, but circumstances ended up preventing me from being able to do that. I'm sure those who attend will have a great time. I do plan to attend next year if there is one. For now I must go to bed. It is WAY past my bed time and Preston has been barely making it to school on time because of me! Poor kid...lol!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home