Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Honeymoon is offically over!

Rich and I had our "first" challange of being parents the other day. I got a call from the principal that Preston was in his office. My first thought was "is he ok?" I quickly figured out that Preston was alright, but that he had been involved in the teasing of another boy. Unfortunately, this was not the first time, but the first time of me hearing about. I have to say that when I got off the phone with the principal my first thought was to ground him for 2 weeks with nothing but his bedroom to spend time with. Not that this is the "worst" thing he could have done, but I have NO tolerance for kids who are mean to other kids!! Most of it has to do with my own personal history I know, but now that I work as a case manager this is a big thing that is worked on with most of our kids. Fortunately when evening came and Preston and I talked I had cooled off a lot!! I am happy to say my conversation with him that night went very well and he handled his consequences without getting angry!! I was pretty proud of him for handling it well. Hopefully, he will also learn something from this and not do it again!!
Rich has started working at Walmart. I really haven't gotten to talk with him much about how it's going. The hours he's working are evening so when he gets home I'm in bed. When I am getting up and at work, he's sleeping. I don't think I have seen him more than 10 minutes so far this week. Tonight he has the night off and so I hope we can spend some time together. I think he is liking his new job, but until I talk to him I don't know. I'm anxious to know though!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home