Thursday, September 15, 2005

It amazes me what all I take for granted! Not that I intentionally do it, it's just that most things in my life I have either done for "years" or have been blessed to experience. I say this because a lot of things Preston is starting to experience have been things that I again have been doing for "years" or have had some experience with. One big example happened today. My co-workers graciously gave Preston a gift certificate to either get something for his room, some clothes, or "something cool" that he might like. I told him about the gift when he called after school to tell me where he was. Later when I picked him up he wondered "what" the gift was and "who" it was from. When I gave him the card to open he was SO excited!! He couldn't believe that people would give him something for so much "just because". I guess what I take for granted is this: When a significant occasion comes be it a child, wedding, loss of a loved one, birthday, etc., people take the time to notice and acknowledge the event. However, to some children this type of gesture is not common in their lives. They can't believe people would do something like what has been done for them. Like I said it amazes me the things I am having to stop and think about the things that can so easily be taken for granted. Makes me appreciate just once more everything I have been given in life.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Stacie,
I'm so happy for you. I can see how happy your are through your blog even though I haven't seen you in nearly a year. I'm so excited to see you. I can't wait to meet Preston also. How old is he? See you soon.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Preston is so lucky to have you! I'm so happy for you and Rich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home