Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's Official (Sort of)

Our lives have suddenly gotten much busier in the last week and a half! Preston has officially moved into our home and is now living with us. So far, things are going way better than I could have ever hoped for. The poor kid had to move into our home AND start school in the same week! Not sure if I could do that at the age he is with such bravery and calmness!! So, now we are official "parents" of a preteen! I put it in quotes because of course nothing is legal yet, but we did get the necessary paperwork signed so that Preston could move into our home with us.
Rich has REALLY surprised me with how much he has been getting involved in every thing. I had hoped that he would, but wasn't sure since he hasn't had that much experience with kids. He's doing a great job being a dad!! As a mom, I think I am finally feeling what every other mom feels with their child, an unconditional deep love for their child. Preston has already changed my life in so many ways! My world has truely changed!! Of course I am also experienceing other things that moms do: lack of sleep, second guessing myself, having a bunch of places to go. None of which I would trade for the world!!
In other news, I tripped and fell this week while at work. I'm fine, but hurt my arm pretty bad. I went to the doctor and had x-rays taken to make sure nothing was broke. They said every thing is fine, but that it is going to hurt for awhile. I hurt it trying to catch myself from falling and hit it against a door really hard. I'm thankful nothing serious happened, but I wish is would hurry up and not hurt so much. Of course it just happened to be my writing hand, so that doesn't help in letting it rest! Oh well, maybe this will teach me not to trip and fall!!...lol

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Congratulations! You're a much braver woman than me.

As to hurting your arm -- the majority of the time, we hurt our dominant arms because they're stronger and naturally we try to catch ourselves with that one. Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home