Saturday, July 09, 2005

What A Summer This Has Been

Of course it's been awhile since I had a post on here. In the time since my last entry a lot has happened!! First, of all I got my car back finally and it runs great! The had to put a new engine in which is no small payment! Looks like I will have my car another 3-5 years to get the engine part payed off! At least I have a car to drive now which is better than no car! "Poor" Rich was having to get up early to take me to work, so I know he's glad I have the car back.
I'm taking swim aerobics this summer. I love the class!! They have it in the evening for 45 minutes and let me tell you by the time we're done, I'm tired. The other night was our hardest night as the things we were doing probably equal to lifting weights. I wish we had an indoor pool with the class offered year round! Maybe someday we will.
We have started our summer camp at work for the kids. It has been fun so far, but we are so busy with kids! We have so many it seems in our program this summer. Makes the work day go a lot faster when we can get out and do things with the kids.
Our biggest news is that Rich and I were selected for a child to adopt! We have been working on this for over a year now, but really hadn't said anything to anyone because it was taking so long. We still won't have anything legal for about a year, but we are finally moving forward! The child we were selected for was actually on my caseload at one time.. He is 12 and is from around the area. He has been spending time with us on a regular basis and seems to be getting comfortable with everything. Please pray that this will continue to go smooth and that everything will work out for all of us.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm so HAPPY for you. I know how badly you want to adopt. We really need to keep in better touch! I'm still working on the retreat for the fall. TTYL

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Congratulations! You'll be a great mom.

Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home