Saturday, October 08, 2005

What a crappy week!!

I'm so bummed!! I was supposed to go to see my camp friends again this year, and it's not going to work at as I had planned! For one thing, I just don't have the money to do so this year. For another thing, Preston has a game the weekend of the retreat and it will be his last game. I hate to make him miss the last game. Don't get me I LOVE going to the game, and I could have pulled him this last game or left him home with Rich. However, I really wanted him to come with me and I don't want him to miss his last game. Hopefully my friends will understand. I really love going to the retreat and seeing everyone and catching up on what's going on in each others lives. I've tried to share a few camp memories with Preston, you can't get the full picture of what this camp means to me unless you have the experience of going. Hopefully next year he will get that experience. I am going to bring him sometime. I think he would like it.
I went to my Grandma DeWeese's house tonight. It was the first time I had been there since she died. The family is picking out things that they want that belonged to Grandma. How do you do that?? Everything in her house has something that was unique about her. I tried to pick out things that would continue to last a long time. My feeling has always been that as long as I get pictures of her, that is going to be good enough. My aunt assures me that I will get pictures to last me!! I did find some things that I will be able to put in my house and look at. I'm glad I got the chance to go look at things and I will have a couple nice reminders of her. I still miss her every day!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

We definitely missed you at the retreat.

I know what you mean about picking out stuff. When Stacy died, there were a few pieces of jewelry her attendants had sent, and my aunt suggested to my mom that I be allowed to choose what jewelry to put on her and what to keep for myself since I had given her all those particular pieces. It was difficult, to say the least. I'm glad you have something to remember your grandmother by.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home