Sunday, November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

Today was my birthday. I still get pretty excited when it's my birthday, although the day isn't as exciting as when I was a kid. The reason for my excitement on my birthday is that it is one more year that I have outlived the age the doctors said I would live to. I don't say that to be "mean", it's just nice to have done something people said I would never do!! My day was pretty good. Went shopping with my mom on Sat and that was fun. Rich had taken Preston hunting, so it worked out well. Rich wrote me a "birthday poem" which was totally sweet!! I had requested several things (since guys are bad at remembering certain events), and got half of them. Only one of the requested items would have cost anything, so he was "free" there....all he had to do was remember...lol! Today Preston and I spent the day together and the evening with my parents. My mom took him to buy me a birthday gift. It was so sweet when I opened it and he smiled! I think he also enjoyed helping my mom put frosting on the cake she had baked for us. It really was a nice day, and a fun day to just be "spoiled". I also heard great news in my Sunday School class and in church service that a friend of mine, his brother was getting the organ transplant surgeries he was needing this morning. His parents still live here in town, and I see my friend from time to time. What a blessing that is going to be for the family. I am praying that the transplant will be a success.
Unfortunately, tomorrow is another week of work, so I best be going to bed. I have been so tired again so I hope that doesn't mean anything bad. Will see the doctor again next month, so I will know what my blood test results are at that time.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I feel exactly the same way about my birthday. People don't understand why I make such a big deal about it, but when you didn't really expect to live to 34, every year is a celebration. Although my birthday can be a bit sad, too, since the day before is Stacy's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home