Sunday, February 26, 2006

This past weekend was a fun one. Preston and I went with my parents to Kansas City. We spent the weekend with my sister, Emily and her husband, Aaron. Emily had her birthday this weekend so that was the reason for the long trip to the big city! All in all it was a good time. After finally getting there Friday we went to a play call Winsteads for dinner. It was pretty good eating, just a little hamburger place. Sat we got up and ate a big breakfast. Before letting that settle, the girls went to meet a friend of my mom's while the "boys" went to do their thing. As far as I know the guys went to Cabela's to look around and then to a place called Paradise for lunch. Later that afternoon we all met up and went to Union Station. During the time we were at Union Station, Preston brought to life "Bob" the tiger. Bob is Preston's stuffed animal that he got to create while at Union Station. It was wonderful watching him have such a good time creating Bob and getting to decide what clothes to dress him in. He decided on a basketball uniform in KU colors of course!! We also got to spend a few minutes watch fudge being made. Preston really seemed to get a kick out of that. For dinner we ate at a place called Jazz. It was so good and by the time I was done with dinner I was stuffed. We then went back home where my mom and Preston attempted to make some fudge of their own. We also ate ice cream cake and sang Happy Birthday to Emily. This morning, we got up and got ready to come home. Tonight it is good to be home although it is going to be stressful for the next couple days. All I will say is that Rich is going to have some big decision which are going to impact Preston and I in one way or another. Hopefully Rich will make the right decisions, but it will be all up to him! Pray for us!!

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Things will work out as they should, even if you don't understand immediately why it all happened the way it did. I'm here for you if you need anything -- even if it's just to talk.

Happy late birthday, Emily! I'm still kind of in denial that she's old enough to be married, you know? ::grin::

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Hey girl! Glad you had a good weekend away. I'll be praying for you & your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home