Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Crap Just Continues

I started PT this Friday. Basically the therapist just talked to me and than did an E-Stem on my shoulder. It felt pretty good, but today it's not feeling so hot. My physical therapist said I'm not supposed to lift for right now, which is going to be hard! She also said it has a lot of inflammation in it and doesn't know how long it's going to take for it to get back to "normal". Sucks since I have no time table for if or when I can bowl again this year. With about two months left in the season I am hoping so, but I also have to be realistic. This next week will be my first full week of PT, so maybe by the end of the week I will be able to tell a difference. Right now it's just so frickin sore that I want to cut it off!! Ok, so I won't get that drastic, but I also better not do this again! In other news, we FINALLY got the news we had been waiting for. We are finally having our information sent to the attorney's office to adopt Preston. I got the news the other day in an email. It couldn't have come at a better time since this week was beyond CRAPPY!! Getting that email totally made my day!! As for Preston, he has been very unhappy with me this week. I grounded him Thurs night because several of his grades are not to hot. I know it has only been a couple weeks since school started, but he just doesn't seem to be putting forth the effort (oh god, I sound like my parents!) so I felt I had to do something. I will say he has been handling it VERY well for the most part. I've gotten the eye rolling a few times, but I can deal with it!! Does seem to be going to bed earlier, but this may not all be a bad thing! Preston will survive and so will we, but this is the part of parent I was not looking forward to. Makes me appreciate my parents yet again!

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Our parents always said one day we'd understand. We had my niece for three days two weeks ago, and that first day I couldn't WAIT for naptime!

Funny how that works, eh?

Congratulations on the papers going through. You are/will be a fantastic mom, and Preston is a very lucky boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home