Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just Thinking

I seem to never get around to blogging which makes me disappointed in me. I started this blog to have time to write, which I love to do. I just don't seem to make the time I guess. One of the things I have been going to write about is my friend Dawn's recent blog about "fashion wheelchairs". What the heck?? I haven't checked out this site yet, but from what my friend Dawn has to say about it, I'm not going to. I guess my point to bringing this up is that I am so sick of society trying to make an issue out of everything! Our society seems obsessed with a certain look and making everyone conform to that certain standard. I'm either getting crabbier in my old age, am just catching on to something that has been going on for a long time, or maybe both. I just am so sick of having to read about some "poor" girl who is starving herself just to get a job or keep up with what society thinks is attractive! PLEASE!! Give me a break!! Just be healthy and take care of yourself! I'll maybe get a lot of flack for this blog, but I'm just tired of being judged on what I look like and not the kind of person I am! I think I'm a great person who has a lot to give others. Just feel like I have to vent cause I get SO tired of being a "great person", but not the "right " person. More like the "right look"! I just don't get it....maybe I never will.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

This entry isn't spam -- HOORAY!

I love you, and I agree with you in wishing that people could just be happy being themselves and not what they think others would want. A friend of mine recently sent me a power-point of airbrushing examples -- it showed what a model looks like before and after touch-ups. It's a pretty dramatic difference!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I agee with you and Dawn, everyone relies on the stereotypical images and not the actual person.

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home